Begin Transmission

That's it, let it all out. Let the waterworks flow, get it out of your system. Are you finished? Now we can begin. If I divide by zero does the universe implode? If I drain these walls of years of insane banter what then will make me worse? Is there a whole totality to all of this? Humanity, in its quest to reach its peak, has created several ways to destroy itself and oftentimes congratulates itself for it. First we destroy our houses, then our schools, our jobs and when we have destroyed everything in our path, we destroy our spirits. We destroy each other in so many ways, some like a saccharine tasting wine while some, a brutal yet intense connection. And of course being the theatrical beings that we are, let everything build up while our eyes are closed. We let ourselves get comfortable in our own skin first. And once everything has settled and the guarding eye becomes complacent, we destroy ourselves with one fell swoop. We cut off each others wings and laugh at each others bloody backs, all of us smiling as we do. We spray each others eyes with acid and push ourselves into brick walls. We smash our own faces, whether we do it ourselves or with a little help from others. We destroy that we detest, and become monsters ourselves in the process. Look. An airplane you're flying on's right engine has burst into flames. a quick gust of wind slaps your face, and all you see are bits and pieces of what used to be the airplane's interior flying in front of you. People are being sucked into what seems like a hole in the wall. You see the expressions on their faces and hear their screams as they soar through the air. You notice a relative hanging onto your seat, with his or her weight slowly pulling your seat into the rip in the airplane. All this in under five seconds. What do you do?

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Great Haze parts 1 and 2

"You still love her don't you?" she asked as I sat bored amidst the lights and sounds to which I replied, "It's not that. It's just that coming here isn't doing what I thought it would do to me." "Come on, I'll split this tab with you," she said as she bit off half of her E. "I'm kind of not in the mood for this tonight, can we do this some other time?" the moment that left my lips, I knew that fireworks would ensue. "What?! Are you tired of fucking me?!" she exploded. "Now that you mention it, yeah." "What, that you still love her?" "No, that I'm tired of fucking you." She threw the contents of her vodkabull at me and walked away.

"Hey bro, what the fuck was that all about? I saw--" James began as he resumed his seat. "Let her go, stupid bitch isn't worth it." I said. James started his whole speech again, "Look, man. What you're doing right now, it's not right. It's fucked up. Come on, let's get out of here and--" before he could finish his sentence, I replied, "Look, I didn't come here for your pity." I saw the disappointment in James' eyes. "That came out wrong, I'm sorry bro." Silence from both sides ensued. All i could say after was, "I'll be in the moshpit if you need me." With a look of bewilderment he simply said, "Yeah."

What was merely around ten minutes in the dance floor seemed like an eternity, as I stood there in the middle of a sea of bodies. I was drunk off my mind, and my blood was laced with enough designer drugs to OD four people. Staring at the lights, I could honestly say that in those moments, a certain peace that had eluded me for years shined upon me like an angel gently descending from the heavens themselves. I danced and I danced and I danced some more. The more I danced, the less empty I felt. Who would've thought that solace could be found on the dance floor?

Three songs later, my body was beginning to weaken and clouds formed at the corners of my mind. I guess the alcohol and the drugs were wearing off, and all I could do was fall on my knees and look to the ground, as the sea of bodies continued to sway.

end of chapter one

"Are you awake?" a female voice said. I opened my eyes and let them focus for a second. It was just Stacy, one of my closest friends. "You might want to warn me the next time you plan to pass out in a club. Geez." "How did you--" I began, but she cut me off. "James texted me." I smiled as best as I could. She continued, "Also, Jeanie left this at your door." I groaned, a massive migraine suddenly came upon me as I sat up. "Lie back down." she said as she gently pushed me back. "You don't know how long I've been waiting for you to do that to me." I coyly said, trying to be as charming as I could dressed in my underwear. "Shut up." she said, as I stared at my copy of, or what was left of, the hard copy of my prized thesis.

"What a bitch." I said. "You're no prince yourself, asshole." she laughed as I winced at the remains of my thesis. I had loaned it to Jeanie because she said she wanted to see what the fuss is all about regarding my multi-awarded thesis. She was one of those pseudo-intellectuals who feigned interest at anything that knowing about would get her in with the cool crowd. Stacy broke into my thoughts. "Seriously, until when are you going to do this?" she asked. "Do what?" I answered. "You know what I'm talking about." She seemed serious, so I tried to give as straight an answer as I could. "I don't know." An exasperated look flashed in her eyes. "Sometimes I just don't understand you." she said. "I don't think people come with instruction manuals anyway." I said.

end of chapter two

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact