Begin Transmission

That's it, let it all out. Let the waterworks flow, get it out of your system. Are you finished? Now we can begin. If I divide by zero does the universe implode? If I drain these walls of years of insane banter what then will make me worse? Is there a whole totality to all of this? Humanity, in its quest to reach its peak, has created several ways to destroy itself and oftentimes congratulates itself for it. First we destroy our houses, then our schools, our jobs and when we have destroyed everything in our path, we destroy our spirits. We destroy each other in so many ways, some like a saccharine tasting wine while some, a brutal yet intense connection. And of course being the theatrical beings that we are, let everything build up while our eyes are closed. We let ourselves get comfortable in our own skin first. And once everything has settled and the guarding eye becomes complacent, we destroy ourselves with one fell swoop. We cut off each others wings and laugh at each others bloody backs, all of us smiling as we do. We spray each others eyes with acid and push ourselves into brick walls. We smash our own faces, whether we do it ourselves or with a little help from others. We destroy that we detest, and become monsters ourselves in the process. Look. An airplane you're flying on's right engine has burst into flames. a quick gust of wind slaps your face, and all you see are bits and pieces of what used to be the airplane's interior flying in front of you. People are being sucked into what seems like a hole in the wall. You see the expressions on their faces and hear their screams as they soar through the air. You notice a relative hanging onto your seat, with his or her weight slowly pulling your seat into the rip in the airplane. All this in under five seconds. What do you do?

Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Great Haze part 5

The next day, I awoke with the usual string of messages on my mobile phone. Different people who want different things, each message is a plea for attention. Never relenting with this soulless barrage of incessant necessities, each message is an urge for something; from credit card offers to queries on my current state of consciousness. They wake me from my haze of nightmares, wicked dreams filled with blood lust and shrill screams. Over and over, they play like taped messages blaring inside my skull. Each night they resonate and desensitize me, and as each dusk turns to dawn I find myself slowly enjoying them yet still waking up drenched in cold sweat. Exhilarating and mind-numbingly disturbing at the same time.

Sometimes I find myself preferring the deep embrace of sleep to what I have dubbed as "The Land of The Living," otherwise known as "daylight." It would be so much sweeter to stay in dreamland, to be free to lose myself in the twisted desires my mind plays out for me each night. I finally get out of bed and proceed to go with my daily workout, which keeps me "vibrant" throughout the day. I took a shower, proceeded with breakfast and went about my daily routine. I finally drive off in my car and strap myself in with the little people.

At lunch, I sat across a "colleague" of mine. He insists on telling me about his wild weekend, his yammering a bundle idiotic expressions intertwined with stories of his lewdness. I imagine taking his head and repeatedly banging his head on the table until his blood fills his tray, and time my smile to simulate that I'm proud of this weak, pathetic fool. Lunch ends with the two of us laughing together, as the moron smiles and agrees as I berate his person. I didn't know they allowed such clueless idiots in these parts of the building.

After work, I smile and bid these people farewell and proceed to meet some friends at this prestigious club we've been recently attending. We meet up and compare ourselves to each other and proceed to laugh at all the freaks around us. Mauro introduces us to his new girlfriend, a challenging score who obviously keeps him around for his massive quantities of coke on hand. Security knows better than to bother us with petty laws and regulations, as they know that each of us can buy the very club that houses us with but a handshake.

end of part 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact